Why Elderberry Syrup?
You might be asking, “What is elderberry syrup and why would I take this?”
Elderberries have been used in herbal medicine dating back to the 1600’s. You can use elderberries in many different ways, but syrup is one of the most delicious and easiest ways for consumption.
What are the benefits?
Some of the major benefits of elderberries are:
- Major cold and flu relief. Elderberries have what is called, anthocyanidins, which are known to be able to stimulate the immune system. In the Journal of International Medical Research (1), the results showed that when given elderberry extract the patients showed relief four days sooner than those not taking elderberry.
- Elderberries anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties help aid relief for sinus infections.
- Natural Diuretic
- Can possibly help as a Natural Laxative
- Lowers Blood Sugar by stimulating glucose metabolism
- Ease Allergies- According to Dr. Axe, “Since allergies involve an overreaction of the immune system, as well as inflammation, elderberries ability to improve immune system and calm inflammation can help provide allergy relief.”
- Healthy Skin
- Due to the presence of anthocyanins, It is possible that Elderberry may promote heart health
- Cancer prevention- According to Dr. Axe “Edible berry extracts like elderberry extract are rich in anthocyanins and have been shown to have a broad spectrum of therapeutic, pharmacologic and anti-carcinogenic properties. Laboratory studies specifically indicate that the elderberry has some chemopreventive properties. A chemopreventive inhibits, delays or reverses cancer formation. Sources 2 & 3.
There are many natural herbal supplements available for consumption. Unfortunately, the majority of them need an abundance of studies to prove that they truly work. What Spratt’s All Naturals can confidently say is that our Elderberry Syrup has helped us, our family and friends, and our customers immensely. Our natural elderberry syrup is an easy way to consume an immune booster.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Information retrieved from: